RTD® Wound Dressing
RTD® is a proprietary highly absorbent antimicrobial foam with Methylene Blue (0.25 mg/g), Gentian Violet (0.25 mg/g) and Silver Ion (7 mg/g) integrated into the polymer matrix.
- Indications for Use: RTD® Wound Dressing is indicated for the treatment of partial to full thickness wounds with moderate to heavy exudate, including pressure ulcers, venous stasis and arterial ulcers, diabetic foot ulcers, graft wounds and donor sites, surgical/post-operative wounds, 1st and 2nd degree burns, lacerations and abrasions and any other wound inflicted by trauma.
RTD® Features and Benefits
- Interactive ingredients: Silver, Methylene Blue and Gentian Violet, CST foam
- Draws protein rich exudate away from wound; creates a favorable wound healing environment
- Effective antimicrobial and antifungal properties; reduces bacterial load
- Early and sustained antimicrobial protection; helps prevent biofilm
- Analgesic; significant pain reduction reported
- Non-cytotoxic; use throughout the continuum of care
- Cost effective; reduces healing time4; use up to 3 days
- Proprietary technology: Active ingredients are integrated into foam matrix
- Open cell structure; wicks exudate vertically
- Absorbs 1,110 mg/cm2
- Holds 15 x its weight in exudate. A 4 x 4 x ¼ dressing holds 115 ml2
- Active ingredients are tightly bound with the foam
- Regulates wound bed moisture; little to no maceration
- Polyurethane foam is soft pliable and surface conforming:
- Easy to use. Ready to apply.
- Does not require hydration prior to use
- Can be easily cut to size
- Versatile; can be used for multiple wound types
1.) Keneric Healthcare: Data on file 2014
2.) Keneric Healthcare: Data on file 2006
3.) Keneric Healthcare: Data on file 2006
4.) Marcus B, Kaufman K, Chio T. Case Closed: A dressing for chronic and acute wounds. Ostomy Wound Manage. 2014; 61(4):12-14.